About the Company
Savills Investment Management (Savills IM) is an international real estate investment manager, which is owned by Savills plc, the global real estate services group. C. 340+ staff are employed in 17 offices across Europe and Asia. Gross assets under management are c. EUR 24bn, predominantly in pooled funds and separate accounts.
Savills IM is in a rapid growth phase, expanding its global presence as well as the products and services offered, that post acquisition of a relevant shareholding in DRC SIM now encompasses both Equity and Private debt funds. An expanded product range investing in a larger number of countries and property types, a greater number of investment professionals and a desire to continue developing innovative products means that there should be suitable focus on investment process and performance.
About the Job
As a member of the Financial Crime Prevention team, the Customer Due Diligence Analysts will be responsible for managing a remediation exercise concerning existing customer files.
Responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking CDD remediation of relevant existing customers as part of a remediation project to ensure adequate CDD / enhanced due diligence is undertaken
- liaise directly with the UK office relationship managers as part of the CDD remediation project in order to obtain outstanding documentation / information that is not available via public sources
- keep accurate Management Information for all CDD remediation work, which is undertaken in a timely manner
- perform detailed data gathering and analysis for existing customers to complete CDD checks
- screen customers and all related parties against relevant screening tool(s) by reviewing PEP, sanction and adverse news screening
- assist in promoting and maintaining a Financial Crime Prevention culture within the firm in line with regulatory standards and industry best practice
- collation, analysis and reporting of Financial Crime Prevention management information
- ensure processes, systems and controls are followed to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Prior experience in CDD remediation is a mandatory with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in KYC
- possess a strong knowledge of AML regulations
- innovative thinking is key while ensuring minimum regulatory requirements are met under a risk-based approach
- exposure to dealing with various medium and high-risk customers
- ability to identify complex structures and apply relevant CDD in this respect
- excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- well organised, able to prioritise, attention to detail, able to work without substantial supervision and adhering to strict deadlines
- strong analytical and data management skills
- willingness to embrace new ideas/procedures
- ability to be self-motivated, organised and pragmatic whilst being able to deliver under pressure.
- Will need to have good regulatory understanding in this area of expertise and will need to take direction from the Money Laundering Reporting Officer to meet his regulatory responsibilities.
We are a committed equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race and religion. We are focused on fostering a culture and environment that allows for inclusion and diversity throughout our business. Savills IM offers several employee led forums which provide support and guidance around Diversity & Inclusion, as well as ensuring our principles are built in to all of our processes, practices and expectations.