About the Company
Savills Investment Management (“Savills IM”) is a global independent investment management business of the Savills group, with a 30-year track record and over EUR26.9 bn of assets under management. It has grown to operate across 17 offices, encompassing nearly 360 employees.
Savills IM is in a rapid growth phase, expanding its global presence as well as the products and services offered, that post acquisition of a relevant shareholding in DRC SIM now encompasses both Equity and Private debt funds. An expanded product range investing in a larger number of countries and property types, a greater number of investment professionals and a desire to continue developing innovative products means that there should be suitable focus on investment process and performance.
About the Job
We are looking for a diligent and motivated Manager Outsourcing & Oversight to join our newly set-up Outsourcing and Oversight function. As part of a distinct team within the business, this is an excellent opportunity for a motivated professional to develop their career within a leading investment management organization.
The successful candidate will take ownership of the procurement, due diligence and oversight function by maintaining the Approved Supplier List, working with business line departments on best practice for tendering and procurement, monitoring supplier performance and leading the oversight function for outsourced service providers.
The role will involve working closely with different groups of internal experts and stakeholders across all areas of the business with a particular focus on our highest risk areas of outsourced activity:
- Property management
- Fund administration
- Transfer agency
- External valuers
- Fund distribution
Responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Design and implement Savills IM’s Procurement Framework and ensure compliance with internal and local regulations;
- Review and promote changes to internal process;
- Maintain an up-to-date and complete centralised Approved Supplier List;
- Participate in tender processes determining appropriate evaluation criteria;
- Work with key service providers to ensure business continuity planning;
- Assist in the design and application of relevant KPIs
- Manage service review process to ensure service providers are reviewed on an ongoing basis and proper documentation produced evidencing the oversight
- As required, lead service review meetings with outsourced service providers;
- Support future outsourcing projects of the organization, to ensure these projects are executed effectively and remain compliant with the above-mentioned framework;
- Attend and contribute to operational, risk and audit meetings as required, and actively contribute to group-wide initiatives and focus groups;
- Prepare scheduled and ad-hoc oversight reporting;
- Optimise contract management and negotiation, developing strategic relationships with key service providers and maintaining fee data for benchmarking exercises
Key qualities of the successful candidate include:
- University degree or equivalent level of education
- Proven experience in a similar role in the financial sector including experience with procurement and outsourcing;
- Knowledge of / interest in the investment fund industry, in particular real estate;
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines;
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal;
- Energetic, enthusiastic
- Native-level English (written and oral), any other language is a plus;
- Willingness to undertake tasks outside job remit.
- In principle full time but part time and flexible working could be considered.
- Language skills considered beneficial, French, German, Italian.
We are a committed equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race and religion. We are focused on fostering a culture and environment that allows for inclusion and diversity throughout our business. Savills IM offers several employee led forums which provide support and guidance around Diversity & Inclusion, as well as ensuring our principles are built in to all of our processes, practices and expectations.