About the Company
Savills Investment Management (“Savills IM”) is a global independent investment management business of the Savills group, with a 30-year track record and over EUR26.9 bn of assets under management. It has grown to operate across 17 offices, encompassing nearly 360 employees.
Savills IM is in a rapid growth phase, expanding its global presence as well as the products and services offered, that post acquisition of a relevant shareholding in DRC SIM now encompasses both Equity and Private debt funds. An expanded product range investing in a larger number of countries and property types, a greater number of investment professionals and a desire to continue developing innovative products means that there should be suitable focus on investment process and performance.
About the Job
We are looking for a diligent and motivated Head of Performance and Data Management to join our newly set-up Performance and Data function. As part of a distinct team within the business, this is an excellent opportunity for a motivated professional to develop their career within a leading investment management organization.
The successful candidate will take ownership of the oversight of SIM’s performance calculations at both the asset and Fund level as well as having ownership of the data management within the established Data Warehouse (Voyanta). The candidate will have line management responsibilities for an initial team of 2 individuals (3 including this role).
The team will also be responsible for audit and oversight of Fund and Asset forecasting models linked to Voyanta. In this regard the initial goal will be to improve governance of the models ultimately assisting the business in preparing for a systems implementation.
The role will involve working closely with different groups of internal experts and stakeholders across all areas of the business with a particular focus on the Investment, Fund Finance and systems teams.
- Design, own and manage an automated performance calculation method at the asset and Fund level, utilising data from the Data Warehouse (voyanta). Ensure subset information is efficiently available.
- Chair an independent oversight committee for performance management.
Fund and asset models:
- Periodic audit of the existing cash flow forecasting models with a view to improving governance (automated audit tools)
- Help Fund teams to harmonise models across similar investment types with a view to reducing the number of models ahead of a systems implementation
- Oversight and Management of the Data within the Data Warehouse (Voyanta). E.g:
- Monitor data quality by designing and implementing checks (not responsible for accuracy of data) and resolve data issues
- Communicate with stakeholders to understand data content and business requirements
- Create and maintain data dictionary for all systems documenting primary source, where data is held, how it is maintained, how it is accessed, who has access, and its end use
- Create and maintain data policies and procedures – data retention etc.
- Create and maintain User guides for third party providers
- Feedback to Senior AM Group on PM submission KPI
- Create and maintain data tracker showing when approvals were done by fund
- First point of contact for third parties on Voyanta submission errors
- Provide support for first leasing data submissions for an asset (perhaps do the initial verification against tenancy schedules and provide feedback to asset managers)
Candidates will need to be fluent in verbal and written English. Other key qualities include:
- Proven experience in a similar role in the financial sector including experience with Performance calculations and Fund models
- Knowledge of / interest in the investment fund industry, in particular real estate;
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines;
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal;
- Energetic, enthusiastic
- Willingness to undertake tasks outside job remit.
- In principle full time but part time and flexible working could be considered.
- Language skills considered beneficial, French, German, Italian.
We are a committed equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race and religion. We are focused on fostering a culture and environment that allows for inclusion and diversity throughout our business. Savills IM offers several employee led forums which provide support and guidance around Diversity & Inclusion, as well as ensuring our principles are built in to all of our processes, practices and expectations.