About the Company
Savills Investment Management (“Savills IM”) is a global independent investment management business of the Savills group, with a 30-year track record and over EUR26.9 bn of assets under management. It has grown to operate across 17 offices, encompassing nearly 360 employees.
Savills IM is in a rapid growth phase, expanding its global presence as well as the products and services offered, that post acquisition of a relevant shareholding in DRC SIM now encompasses both Equity and Private debt funds. An expanded product range investing in a larger number of countries and property types, a greater number of investment professionals and a desire to continue developing innovative products means that there should be suitable focus on investment process and performance.
About the Job
Savills IM is looking to recruit a Paralegal/Company Secretarial Assistant into the Legal team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with some paralegal or company secretarial experience to develop their career in a dynamic and supportive environment. The successful applicant will work in a small Legal team, reporting to a Senior Legal Counsel, and have exposure to a broad range of work. The role is based in London and will bring opportunities to collaborate with our investment and fund finance teams, with increasing independence as the new role is embedded.
The person will be expected to build and maintain working relationships across the UK business, with excellent written communication and organisational skills. There will also be opportunity to interact with our offices across the world, providing support on routine legal matters and input to corporate secretarial practice.
Acting as a key contact for corporate secretarial matters for the UK business in relation to Savills IM fund entities and assisting the Senior Legal Counsel with the activities of the Savills IM UK regulated corporate entities. To include:
- Collecting and distributing board papers to directors and meeting attendees.
- Ensuring quorum requirements will be met.
- Where required, acting as secretary to meetings.
- Drafting, distributing and filing minutes from meetings.
- Preparing and distributing for signature by directors of any circular resolutions required.
- Drafting of required documentation and follow up to implement board changes (appointment / resignation letters, resolutions etc.).
- Assisting with the timely completion of Companies Act filings and record keeping.
- Managing and maintaining entity records including internal database.
- Ensuring and supporting the smooth running of entities in accordance with statutory requirements (holding of annual meetings / approval of accounts, distributions etc.).
- Reviewing and negotiating standalone minor agreements such as NDAs, duty of care agreements and intra-group agreements.
- Collating regular legal reports, including quarterly dispute reporting.
- Supporting Senior Legal Counsel and General Counsel on legal matters, including real estate transactions and investment product builds, with appropriate support from senior lawyers on such matters.
Candidates will need to demonstrate organisational and communication skills, as well as being fluent in verbal and written English. Further language skills are useful but not essential. Other key qualities include:
- Knowledge of English company law requirements
- Familiarity with investment structures such as English limited partnerships and limited liability partnerships an advantage, training can be provided
- Good or excellent skills on MS Word, Outlook and Teams
- Familiarity with corporate secretarial data management platforms (e.g. Blueprint / Diligent) preferred
- Legal or Company Secretarial qualification or experience
Support and guidance will be given on areas outside of the successful candidate’s experience.
This role is a full-time position but we are happy to consider the possibility of part-time working, an element of remote working, flexible start and finish times or compressed hours.
What we offer:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual performance. Our benefits include career development, competitive holiday allowance, health related, flexible working, savings & discounts, volunteer day and applicable local schemes. Plus we offer:
- Continuous Learning Environment: Savills IM are supportive in providing the platforms for teams to develop and grow. Opportunity for study support and fee support for qualifications and certifications
- Diverse and Inclusive Culture: We focus on building a diverse and inclusive culture at SIM, we empower teams to voice opinions and continue to drive change
- Platforms for success: Opportunities to be a part of our core committees to bring innovation and development to our growing business.
We are a committed equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race and religion. We are focused on fostering a culture and environment that allows for inclusion and diversity throughout our business. Savills IM offers several employee led forums which provide support and guidance around Diversity & Inclusion, as well as ensuring our principles are built in to all of our processes, practices and expectations.