About the Company
Savills Investment Management (“Savills IM”) is a global independent investment management business of the Savills group, with a 30-year track record and over EUR26.9 bn of assets under management. It has grown to operate across 17 offices, encompassing nearly 360 employees.
Savills IM is in a rapid growth phase, expanding its global presence as well as the products and services offered, that post acquisition of a relevant shareholding in DRC SIM now encompasses both Equity and Private debt funds. An expanded product range investing in a larger number of countries and property types, a greater number of investment professionals and a desire to continue developing innovative products means that there should be suitable focus on investment process and performance.
About the Job
We are looking to hire an Assistant Portfolio Manager into our London office. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to support the running of a mature UK real estate portfolio including the oversight of transactions, asset and development management initiatives. The successful candidate will have both strong analytical and communication skills. The Assistant Portfolio Manager will report to the Fund Manager working closely with them across all aspects of the Portfolio. There will also be opportunity to work with the wider UK Investment and Asset Management Teams to increase Savills IM network of investor relationships and to support raising capital for Savills IM.
Responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting the quarterly client reports for Fund Manager sign off in a timely manner to meet reporting deadlines
• Preparing quarterly information to update and inform the revaluation exercise and check the resultant draft valuations to
ensure accuracy before sign off
• Coordinate the Investment Committee Approval process including paper writing to achieve sign off for purchases, sales
and capital expenditure recommendations;
• Manage specific asset projects eg. development, refurbishment, asset management to include leading meetings,
coordinating teams, following up on action points and running financial appraisals to assess feasibility whilst keeping a
check on spend vs. budgets
• Liaising with the Fund’s legal Team and support the transacting (both buying and selling) process.
• Preparing performance analysis for the portfolio half yearly to inform strategy (AE competency would be helpful - strong
excel appraisal skills are a pre-requisite for the role – MSCI data submission competency would also be strongly
• Manage the Fund’s legal team and provide instructions to inform their drafting and negotiation on all matters including
conveyancing, leasing, development procurement, planning etc.
• Support the Fund’s Net Zero Carbon ambition working with appointed consultants to improve the ESG credentials of the
portfolios including GRESB submission.
Candidates will need to demonstrate a range of property related competencies and hence an MRICS qualification is a strong preference. Prior experience of portfolio management (including transacting experience) would be extremely beneficial but above all, the successful candidate will have a strong analytical capability, advanced excel competency, strong written and communication skills and be prepared to multi-task.
We are a committed equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race and religion. We are focused on fostering a culture and environment that allows for inclusion and diversity throughout our business. Savills IM offers several employee led forums which provide support and guidance around Diversity & Inclusion, as well as ensuring our principles are built in to all of our processes, practices and expectations.