About the Company
Savills Investment Management (“Savills IM”) is a global independent investment management business of the Savills group, with a 30-year track record and over EUR26.9 bn of assets under management. It has grown to operate across 17 offices, encompassing nearly 360 employees.
Savills IM is in a rapid growth phase, expanding its global presence as well as the products and services offered, that post acquisition of a relevant shareholding in DRC SIM now encompasses both Equity and Private debt funds. An expanded product range investing in a larger number of countries and property types, a greater number of investment professionals and a desire to continue developing innovative products means that there should be suitable focus on investment process and performance.
About the Job
The key objectives for the Assistant Fund Finance Manager (“AFFM”) is to be responsible for supporting the Fund Finance Managers (“FFM”) in the management and financial accounting responsibilities of their respective Fund(s). The AFFM should have sound technical, commercial and management skills.
Financial accounting – statutory The AFFM will be responsible for supporting the FFM for statutory accounting. This includes:
- Preparing the reporting timetable;
- Reviewing specific financial balances within the consolidated accounts;
- Preparing working papers for the auditors;
- Reviewing standalone accounts.
Financial accounting – investor reporting The AFFM will be responsible for supporting the FFM for the financial accounting which includes:
- Preparing the timetable for investor reporting;
- Reviewing the local prop co accounts, the holding companies within the structure and the consolidated;
- Reviewing elements of the NAV calculations;
- Reviewing elements of the INREV NAV calculations.
Client services and investors The AFFM will assist the FFM and Head of Fund Finance (HFF) on the following:
- Building relationships with client services team;
- Develop an understanding of who our investors are and their reporting requirements;
- Develop an understanding of the Savills IM brand;
- Assist with the preparation of investor drawdowns, distributions and preparing supporting schedules to answer investor queries.
Banking, debt and cash management
The AFFM will support the FFM on the cash management and day to day banking. This includes:
- Cash management across the entire structure;
- Preparation of payments for approval of certain payments;
- Calculation of intercompany interest payments;
- Review of bank reconciliations;
- Completion of treasury management information reporting; and
- Preparation of bank reporting.
The AFFM will assist the FFM and HFF with the fund modelling. This includes;
- Developing excel skills;
- Develop an understanding of how investment property works; and
- Develop an understanding of investment appraisal.
The AFFM will assist the FFM and HFF in providing financial assistance and support to the portfolio managers and Group Tax Manager. This includes;
- Reviewing financial due diligence;
- Preparing information as required to support the transaction process;
- Develop an understanding of tax structuring; and
- Preparing information for the transaction approval committee reports.
The AFFM will assist the FFM and HFF with ensuring that the companies in the structure are appropriately managed. This includes;
- Developing an understanding the requirements to hold board meetings and shareholder meetings in the countries where the fund has companies;
- Preparing of information for board meetings; and
- Assist with ensuring that all required companies and tax filings are done on a timely manner.
The AFFM will provide support both the FFM and HFF with managing the tax structure and tax reporting of the funds him/her are responsible for. This includes:
- Develop an understanding of the fund tax structure and substance requirements;
- Develop an understanding of ongoing management of the structure;
- Assist in ensuring that documentation is kept up to do date; and
- Assist with tax compliance as required.
The AFFM is responsible for managing his/her own deadlines, workload and developing project management.
Ad hoc tasks
The AFFM will be required to undertake other ad hoc tasks or projects from time to time.
Candidates will need to demonstrate relevant experience as well as being fluent in verbal and written English. Other key qualities include:
- Qualified accountant
- Basic Excel skills and competence with other Microsoft Office packages;
- Knowledge of IFRS;
- Knowledge of local corporate taxation requirements.
- Excellent written and spoken English; and team player;
- Good communication skills;
- Strong inter-personal skills, able to interface with non-Finance colleagues and service providers; and
- Self-starter with a proactive attitude and be able to demonstrate this during interviews.
- Understanding of private equity real estate funds ideal but not required
We are a committed equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race and religion. We are focused on fostering a culture and environment that allows for inclusion and diversity throughout our business. Savills IM offers several employee led forums which provide support and guidance around Diversity & Inclusion, as well as ensuring our principles are built in to all of our processes, practices and expectations.