About the Company
Savills Investment Management (“Savills IM”) is a global independent investment management business of the Savills group, with a 30-year track record and over EUR26.9 bn of assets under management. It has grown to operate across 17 offices, encompassing nearly 360 employees.
Savills IM is in a rapid growth phase, expanding its global presence as well as the products and services offered, that post acquisition of a relevant shareholding in DRC SIM now encompasses both Equity and Private debt funds. An expanded product range investing in a larger number of countries and property types, a greater number of investment professionals and a desire to continue developing innovative products means that there should be suitable focus on investment process and performance.
About the Job
We are looking to hire an Asset Manager into our Amsterdam office. This is an exciting opportunity for an asset manager looking for the next step in their career development journey. The purpose of the role will be:
- To support new business & transactions (i.e., new mandates, presenting to new equity sources, underwriting & facilitating acquisitions)
- To conduct portfolio reporting (i.e., financial underwriting of existing funds / mandates, business plan reviews, quarterly reporting)
- Asset management
Responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and coordinate in-country property managers.
- Approval and oversight of asset management initiatives including lettings/ renewals, capex.
- Leading the preparation of annual asset business plans.
- Responsibility for quarterly reporting and other internal/ external reports. Working with AMs, fund finance and client services.
- Assume responsibility for and take a lead in the development of efficient and effective techniques, practical, procedures and targets relating to all asset management matters, ensuring accuracy and consistency throughout the portfolio.
- Part of the primary portfolio team, acting as a communication link to the Client.
- Support the Portfolio Manager in new acquisitions, aiding in asset strategy, underwriting, and preparation of client communications.
- Work with the Portfolio Managers on client relationship, research, and new initiatives.
- 2 years+ experience in asset management
- Ability to work independently and have good management skills to manage both internal and external teams
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Financial modelling skills (preferred)
- Ability to work at a strategic level and understand and interpret detail as necessary
- Work independently and take responsibility for assets
- Experience of European Real Estate is preferred, but not essential.
- Competency in landlord & tenants, particularly regarding agreements for lease, leases and rent reviews
- Some development management experience (preferred)
- Fluency in Dutch with an excellent level of English.
We are a committed equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race and religion. We are focused on fostering a culture and environment that allows for inclusion and diversity throughout our business. Savills IM offers several employee led forums which provide support and guidance around Diversity & Inclusion, as well as ensuring our principles are built in to all of our processes, practices and expectations.