About the Company
Savills Investment Management (“Savills IM”) is a global independent investment management business of the Savills group, with a 30-year track record and over EUR26.9 bn of assets under management. It has grown to operate across 17 offices, encompassing nearly 360 employees.
Savills IM is in a rapid growth phase, expanding its global presence as well as the products and services offered, that post acquisition of a relevant shareholding in DRC SIM now encompasses both Equity and Private debt funds. An expanded product range investing in a larger number of countries and property types, a greater number of investment professionals and a desire to continue developing innovative products means that there should be suitable focus on investment process and performance.
About the Job
We are looking to hire a Junior Analyst/ Junior Asset Manager into our Amsterdam office. This is an exciting opportunity for someone familiar with the nuances of the real estate market looking for the next step in their career development journey. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Asset Management and Senior Managers and work closely with all departments in the business.
The purpose of the job will be to assist the Investment team in portfolio and single asset transactions across Europe via the development and maintenance of sophisticated real estate models that are fit for purpose for client requirements. Savills Investment Management has been very active in the markets and has a strategy of both organic and inorganic growth. With regular inflows of capital and new product launches, there is an opportunity to strengthen the Investment team with a financial/technical analyst to work on cross border transactions.
The candidate will form part of a pan-European transaction and Asset management team that has a primary role to build and maintain real estate models for transaction purposes and support asset management.
The key responsibilities include producing relevant IRRs, distribution calculations etc. with appropriate sensitivity analysis to meet the investment requirement of clients. These transactions will normally consist of cross border (property assets in more than one Country), have elements of leverage using senior and mezzanine debt, and tax implications.
Support decision making with (financial) analysis:
- To provide analytical support to business and senior management
- To support on the Asset Management on VGV and other mandates
- To analyse and advise during contract negotiations on how to maximize value of those contracts
- To develop the long-range plan by determining strategy and targets of business units together with middle management and by creating/managing the financial models
- To assist in the preparation of subscriber analysis and reports for budget, long range planning and reforecast exercises, which include new sales, churn, and net growth per affiliate
- To execute market research, market analysis and benchmarking studies
- To develop and execute business plans, valuations, and presentations for existing and potential new businesses
- To improve existing or create new models used in everyday operations, as required/requested by the business
- To translate findings and recommendations into presentations for (senior) management
Candidates will need to demonstrate familiarity with the nuances of the real estate market from an investment (fund management) and/or asset management perspective, as well as having strong software skills including: Microsoft Excel and Circle (or a similar valuation tool).
Savills Investment Management are entering a period of strong growth and as such the breadth and scope of potential projects will suit a self-starter who relishes the challenge of advising on the shape and success of a fund management business with substantial ambitions to participate in its success.
Other key qualities include:
- Higher education with a background in economics / business administration
- Experience in modelling (Excel) and financial planning (budget, long range planning and reforecast)
- Ability to interact with people at all levels, including senior management
- Fluency in Dutch with an excellent level of English
- Computer literate: MS Office (excellent knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Real estate industry is preferred
- Strong analytical skills, accurate, timely, detail and results oriented. Strong will to deliver 100% accurate data on time
- Ability to cope with high pressure assignments and used to meeting strict deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy
- Strong organizational and operational skills, able to plan effectively, anticipate issues and solve problems
- Ambitious team player who is pro-active and also able to work independently (self-starter). Ability to grow within Corporate Development
- Strong communication skills
- A European language would be an advantage but not essential
We are a committed equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race and religion. We are focused on fostering a culture and environment that allows for inclusion and diversity throughout our business. Savills IM offers several employee led forums which provide support and guidance around Diversity & Inclusion, as well as ensuring our principles are built in to all of our processes, practices and expectations.