About the Company
Savills Investment Management (“Savills IM”) is a global independent investment management business of the Savills group, with a 30-year track record and over EUR26.9 bn of assets under management. It has grown to operate across 17 offices, encompassing nearly 360 employees.
Savills IM is in a rapid growth phase, expanding its global presence as well as the products and services offered, that post acquisition of a relevant shareholding in DRC SIM now encompasses both Equity and Private debt funds. An expanded product range investing in a larger number of countries and property types, a greater number of investment professionals and a desire to continue developing innovative products means that there should be suitable focus on investment process and performance.
We are looking for a Senior Compliance Manager to join our team in the London office. This role will support the Deputy Global Head of Risk and Compliance by managing compliance initiatives for the Savills IM group head office’s regulated platform in the UK, with further responsibility for supporting the Savills IM group compliance functions globally.
This is a senior position requiring excellent communication skills (verbal and written), professional judgement, project management skills and an ability to operate and drive change at all levels of the organisation, in the UK and globally.
Responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring processes, systems and controls in place to comply with FCA requirements
- Oversight of compliance for regulated entities in the UK
- Support the Deputy Global Head of Risk and Compliance in leading the compliance agenda across the business
- Support the Deputy Global Head of Risk and Compliance with the development, implementation and management of the Group’s compliance policies and procedures across all jurisdictions
- Support the Deputy Global Head of Risk and Compliance with the development and completion of the risk based compliance monitoring programme
- Support the Deputy Global Head of Risk and Compliance in the monitoring, interpretation, and analysis of existing and prospective regulatory requirements, and the implementation by the business of applicable regulatory changes
- Work with the compliance, business and risk teams to advise on, and address, regulatory issues
- Review and assess compliance breaches and work with the business to remediate
- Review and approve financial promotions and investor communications as requested by the business
- Support the Deputy Global Head of Risk and Compliance on all reporting requirements to internal and external stakeholders
- Support the Deputy Global Head of Risk and Compliance in providing regulatory advice in each jurisdiction in which Savills IM operates and support successful license applications in new jurisdictions in line with Business plan.
- Support the Deputy Global Head of Risk and Compliance in managing and regularly reviewing all third party service providers
- Manage special projects required to comply with regulatory changes or enhance the compliance framework for Savills IM
Candidates will need to demonstrate hands on knowledge of FCA regulatory requirements, as well as being fluent in verbal and written English. Other key qualities include:
- Significant experience at a senior level in the Compliance team of an FCA-regulated business
- Experience writing and implementing compliance policies and procedures
- Practical knowledge on sign off for financial promotions
- Detailed working knowledge of UK compliance requirements.
- Good working knowledge of AIFMD, MiFID II, Financial Crime related requirements, SMCR, GDPR
- Good working knowledge of real estate investment management.
- Good awareness of other major regulatory jurisdictions (Germany, US, Italy, Jersey, Luxembourg, Asia, US) although detailed knowledge not expected
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent experience
- Experience project managing compliance related projects
We are a committed equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race and religion. We are focused on fostering a culture and environment that allows for inclusion and diversity throughout our business. Savills IM offers several employee led forums which provide support and guidance around Diversity & Inclusion, as well as ensuring our principles are built in to all of our processes, practices and expectations.