About the Company
Savills Investment Management (“Savills IM”) is a global independent investment management business of the Savills group, with a 30-year track record and over EUR26.9 bn of assets under management. It has grown to operate across 17 offices, encompassing nearly 360 employees.
Savills IM is in a rapid growth phase, expanding its global presence as well as the products and services offered, that post acquisition of a relevant shareholding in DRC SIM now encompasses both Equity and Private debt funds. An expanded product range investing in a larger number of countries and property types, a greater number of investment professionals and a desire to continue developing innovative products means that there should be suitable focus on investment process and performance.
Savills Investment Management, is expanding in the Nordics. We are currently seeking for a talented Fund Controller to join our Nordic team. The position is placed in central Stockholm and reports directly to the Head of Fund Finance in the Nordics.
As a Fund Controller you will actively manage the preparation and presentation of investor reports and be involved in transactions across both the Nordics and Europe. The position is based in central Stockholm and the role will offer the opportunity of travelling to the various assets and Savills IM offices across Europe.
Responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Actively manage the preparation and presentation of investor reports for a large range of real estate funds/products on a monthly or quarterly basis
- Coordinate the monthly/quarterly closing processes, including review of financial statements and management reports within the fund structures prepared by external accountants
- Be involved in transaction activities from a finance perspective, including bank financing, structuring and review of financial and tax due diligence prepared by external advisors
- Build and maintain relationships with external service providers, lawyers and banks, as well as with the transactions and asset management teams
- Oversee corporate governance, tax compliance and bank reporting within the funds
- Masters degree or equivalent with at least three years experience, preferably from BIG4 within audit/transaction services or from a line position as controller. Experience within the real estate or financial services sector is an advantage.
- Pro-active and solution-oriented with the ability to multi-task and to deliver solid tangible results in sometimes tight deadlines
- Team player who is highly focused on quality, detail oriented and attentive, with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong English and Swedish language skills both written & verbal
We are a committed equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race and religion. We are focused on fostering a culture and environment that allows for inclusion and diversity throughout our business. Savills IM offers several employee led forums which provide support and guidance around Diversity & Inclusion, as well as ensuring our principles are built in to all of our processes, practices and expectations.