About the Company
Savills Investment Management (“Savills IM”) is a global independent investment management business of the Savills group, with a 30-year track record and over EUR26.9 bn of assets under management. It has grown to operate across 17 offices, encompassing nearly 360 employees.
Savills IM is in a rapid growth phase, expanding its global presence as well as the products and services offered, that post acquisition of a relevant shareholding in DRC SIM now encompasses both Equity and Private debt funds. An expanded product range investing in a larger number of countries and property types, a greater number of investment professionals and a desire to continue developing innovative products means that there should be suitable focus on investment process and performance.
Savills Investment Management have initiated a new Global IT & Data Strategy that seeks to build out and deliver enhanced technology and data capabilities in support of the business becoming the most respected real estate investor in the industry. The new strategy has three core pillars (Information Security, Data Management & Digital Transformation) that together with a strong operational foundation and cloud-based infrastructure will significantly upgrade both technology and data offerings to the business.
As an IT Support Analyst within Savills Investment Management, you will play a key role working within the Global IT Team with specific responsibilities to provide first line support and guidance for all technology systems across the business including local regional sites, remote workers and international staff. Provide a single point of contact for users, resolving the majority of user issues, ensuring all issues are recorded and dealt with appropriately in line with the quality standards required by the Company.
Responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- First line end user support for all IT systems. This includes end-user systems, general hardware and infrastructure, local and wide area networking, enterprise business applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, CRM, etc.), web platforms, cloud/hosted systems, telecommunications systems, mobile devices, cyber security and other technologies as required.
- Monitoring of Service Desk contact points (e.g. phone calls, email and messaging) and logging of issues in a timely and professional manner using the Service Desk system (Service Now).
- Resolution of issues where possible, or assignment and escalation to second line staff and external support companies when appropriate.
- Ensuring technology standards, workflows and processes are adopted and key contributor to the global technology team.
- Updating service desk tickets for incidents and changes within deadlines ensuring technical information is fully captured and any relevant knowledgebase is updated.
- Ensuring that the IT department meets the services levels agreed with the business including monitoring third party service levels.
- Processing of service and change requests from users within the agreed timescales. E.g. setting up new users, providing quotations, purchasing equipment, etc in line with the global team.
- Routine administration and housekeeping tasks as required within the IT Department.
- Assisting with project work and undertaking smaller independent projects when required
- Ensuring IT policies and procedures are current and adhered to during day-to-day work both within the IT department and across the business as a whole.
- Creating documentation to aid IT, business users and colleagues
- To assist with pro-actively identifying issues and projects, that could improve the resiliency and efficiency of all technical systems.
- To have all the technical skills required to support group IT systems and to maintain those skills to a suitable professional standard. Where new systems are implemented, to fully co-operate in learning the skills required for support, with or without formal training.
- To undertake and maintain IT training as required for the role
- To carry out any other reasonable management requested task.
- Experience of working on an end-user facing IT Service Desk
- IT Support experience in an ITIL based environment.
- Experience of supporting Windows 10 and Microsoft 365.
- General desktop support (PC hardware, PC build, printers, scanners, etc).
- General IP networking skills (DHCP, DNS, Ipconfig, etc).
- Use of Service Desk software, ideally ServiceNow.
- Excellent verbal communications skills. Approachable, friendly and able to build rapport.
- Good written communication, able to quickly record details of problems and solutions as they arise.
- Can provide clear, concise written reports to second line and external support when escalating issues.
- Able to write clear documentation for different audiences.
- Diligent, organised and goal oriented, understands the importance of service level agreements and will work to achieve them.
- Good prioritisation and time management, able to balance competing issues to ensure the right issues are addressed first.
- Able to work with frustrated or upset users in a calm and understanding manner, while focussing on resolving their issues.
- Team player who will coordinate with colleagues to meet targets and have the confidence to recognise issues they cannot resolve and escalate in a timely manner.
- A proactive approach to solving problems whilst demonstrating an ability to continuously improve the IT & Data service and support model in line with the Global IT & Data strategy for 2022, operating with a growth mindset and build strong relationships with all stakeholders
We are a committed equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race and religion. We are focused on fostering a culture and environment that allows for inclusion and diversity throughout our business. Savills IM offers several employee led forums which provide support and guidance around Diversity & Inclusion, as well as ensuring our principles are built in to all of our processes, practices and expectations.