About the Company
Savills Investment Management (“Savills IM”) is a global independent investment management business of the Savills group, with a 30-year track record and over EUR26.9 bn of assets under management. It has grown to operate across 17 offices, encompassing nearly 360 employees.
Savills IM is in a rapid growth phase, expanding its global presence as well as the products and services offered, that post acquisition of a relevant shareholding in DRC SIM now encompasses both Equity and Private debt funds. An expanded product range investing in a larger number of countries and property types, a greater number of investment professionals and a desire to continue developing innovative products means that there should be suitable focus on investment process and performance.
We are looking for an Investment Analyst to join our team in Sydney. The Investment Analyst will be part of the investment management team responsible for the acquisition, asset management, financing and disposition activities of both real estate debt and equity in Australia and New Zealand.
Responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the underwriting of new real estate equity and debt finance opportunities to include review of tenancy schedules, cash flow and investment return models, researching markets and submarkets, analysing market trends, preparation of investment memorandum and supporting documents for Investment Committee, undertaking due diligence and closing process
- Provide support to the Transaction / Fund Manager on the execution of transactions and ensure a smooth transition to the Asset / Portfolio Manager
- To support the Asset / Portfolio Manager in the preparation of key asset management initiatives and feed into the ongoing asset reporting
- Coordinate with local Savills IM offices or local advisors, as well as liaising with Savills IM Treasury and Finance Managers, so the asset underwriting reflects a business plan supported by all relevant stakeholders
- Assist in the management of due diligence advisors, coordinate the production of Due Diligence reports in a timely manner as dictated by the timeline of the transaction
- Post-acquisition coordination of all relevant Savills IM teams to ensure reporting and distributions are made in accordance with the agreed schedule
- Examine and assess economic and market trends, earnings prospects, financial statements and various other indicators and factors to determine suitable investment strategies
- Maintaining internal database for tracking market opportunities and the review of previous investment decisions and the thought process of making the investment decision
- Monitor closely financial press and keep a track of market trends, opportunities, risks and new investment products including networking with industry professionals
- Travel and ad-hoc special projects as required
Candidates will need to be fluent in verbal and written English. Other key qualities include:
- Firm understanding and demonstrable ability to underwrite real estate transactions (in Excel and Argus)
- PowerPoint presentation skills
We are a committed equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race and religion. We are focused on fostering a culture and environment that allows for inclusion and diversity throughout our business. Savills IM offers several employee led forums which provide support and guidance around Diversity & Inclusion, as well as ensuring our principles are built in to all of our processes, practices and expectations.