About the Company
Savills Investment Management (“Savills IM”) is a global independent investment management business of the Savills group, with a 30-year track record and over EUR26.9 bn of assets under management. It has grown to operate across 17 offices, encompassing nearly 360 employees.
Savills IM is in a rapid growth phase, expanding its global presence as well as the products and services offered, that post acquisition of a relevant shareholding in DRC SIM now encompasses both Equity and Private debt funds. An expanded product range investing in a larger number of countries and property types, a greater number of investment professionals and a desire to continue developing innovative products means that there should be suitable focus on investment process and performance.
Savills Investment Management have initiated a new Global IT & Data Strategy that seeks to build out and deliver enhanced technology and data capabilities in support of the business becoming the most respected real estate investor in the industry. The new strategy has three core pillars (Information Security, Data Management & Digital Transformation) that together with a strong operational foundation and cloud based infrastructure will significantly upgrade both technology and data offerings to the business.
As an IT Data Analyst within Savills Investment Management, you will play a key role working within the Global IT Team with specific responsibilities to build out our data management capabilitiy and support the delivery of appropriate data, reporting and analytics across the Global SIM business. The role will initially involve data sourcing, mastering and introducing robust data governance, including mapping existing data structures, however this will evolve to include process improvement through automation, and data analysis.
The role will involve working closely with all areas of the business in translating and visualising SIM Property data to support effective business operations. You will be responsible for analysing, profiling and validating data to identify data quality issues, and proactively suggest improvements to existing processes.
The strategy includes a key data management pillar that focuses initially on the immediate data integration needs of the business but then considers how we, as a team most effectively source, transform and deliver datasets in a more timely, accurate and cost effective manner. This role will need to analyse all SIM data processes across both systems and daily workflows to identify opportunities for improvement – introduce data governance and consider the appropriate enterprise solution to manage our data requirements globally.Role Responsibilities
Responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, Governance and Implementation of Data Integration (including Data Mapping) across all systems.
- Development and implementation of Data solutions (using Python / SQL / API etc)
- Development and implementation of a new Enterprise Data Management Framework.
- Ensure Data Delivery, including data technology, is effectively planned and delivered.
- Ensures industry 'data' best practice is leveraged in defining, delivering and managing data and data technology across SIM.
- Maintain data artefacts, lineage and schemas.
- Data Analysis & Mapping
- Data Modelling
- Data Quality
- Data Policies & Procedures
- Management Information (MI)
- Structured & Unstructured data management
- Support initiatives to reduce complexity, risk and cost of SIM’s data delivery
- Work with Risk & Compliance to ensure adherence to regulatory data requirements including GDPR.
- Understand and document data definitions, structures and business rules within source systems for data
- Focus on identifying the underlying data issues using the right Data Quality tools
- Contribute to the analysis, design, development and delivery of data migration, data integration and data management projects by performing complex data mapping and data conversion activities using ETL tools.
- Consult and work with development teams to determine, execute and deliver relevant solutions
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following key qualities and abilities:
- Experience of Power BI (DAX, Power Query, M) / Tableau
Programming Experience (Python / SQL)
- Knowledge of ETL tools
- Knowledge of Specialised Real Estate Applications (Argus Enterprise / Voyanta, Yardi, MRI)
- Excel / VBA skills
- Experience in the financial services industry and key regulatory requirements together with an understanding of business processes is desirable
- A proactive approach to solving problems whilst demonstrating an ability to continuously improve the IT & Data service and support, demonstrating a growth mindset and attributes to build strong relationships with all stakeholders.
We are a committed equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race and religion. We are focused on fostering a culture and environment that allows for inclusion and diversity throughout our business. Savills IM offers several employee led forums which provide support and guidance around Diversity & Inclusion, as well as ensuring our principles are built in to all of our processes, practices and expectations.