Human Resources Trainee
About the Company
Savills Investment Management is an international real estate investment management firm. We are a dedicated real estate and real-estate debt specialist managing €26 billion on behalf of institutional investors globally (as of 30 September 2022). Our purpose is to build prosperity by investing in resilient real assets. Our vision is to be a trusted investment manager, respected for our expertise in restorative Real Estate investment enabling people, communities and ecosystems to thrive.
The firm has over 30 years of experience delivering real estate strategies for investors, with over 380+ staff dedicated to positive client outcomes. Our global platform comprises 17 locations in 14 countries enabling us to combine a truly global perspective with local expertise to offer investors a range of compelling strategies.
Our strategies span Logistics & Industrial, Living, Office, Retail and Debt investments, and have been designed with the flexibility to meet the needs of a wide range of investors.
ESG is integrated into our investment-management process to ensure that ESG risks and opportunities are not siloed, but recognised and acted upon throughout our business, as well as communicated to investors.
The Savills Investment Management HR team are currently working on designing and delivering multi-jurisdictional HR strategies to help ensure the sustainable growth and development of our diverse employee-base across our international offices.
In order to assist in this purpose, there is now an opportunity for a HR Trainee to join the team based in the London office. The HR Trainee’s role is to provide generalist administrative support to the global HR team to ensure all aspects of employee administration are completed accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner. Strict confidentiality and discretion are key to this role.
A genuine interest in pursuing a career in Human Resources and a desire to learn is essential.
Responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the HRIS system is up to date and all information is accurate, inputting new joiners, maintaining records, and producing ad-hoc reports;
- Assisting the Senior HR Assistant with all administrative elements of the employee life-cycle, from initial offer paperwork, onboarding, payroll inputs, contract amendments, reference letters, benefits administration, through to exit interviews and offboarding leavers;
- Managing the HR inbox, resolving or forwarding employee queries as appropriate;
- Audit and maintain electronic files in an efficient manner, ensuring they are appropriately named, categorised, up to date, in alphabetical order and tidy;
- Coordinating new joiner inductions;
- Producing confidential documents and sensitive information for senior members of the HR team and ensuring all details are proof-read before circulation;
- Logging appraisals and updating relevant stakeholders of any outstanding reviews;
- Diary management for the HR team where needed;
- Getting involved in team projects, contributing ideas and providing administrative resource;
- Answering due diligence questionnaire requests from the business, analysing and presenting headcount data into the specific formats requested;
- Creating and formatting monthly headcount reports;
- Producing monthly HR management information reports on demographics, diversity & inclusion, promotion, and recruitment metrics;
- Any other ad hoc duties to help the team in a proactive nature.
- Maintaining the Company’s Application Tracking System (ATS) (Team Tailor) – adding jobs and publishing to relevant job boards;
- Conducting ATS demonstrations for external recruiters and internal stakeholders;
- Logging any speculative CVs to the ATS where appropriate and updating job activity as candidates move through the process;
- Assisting the HR Business Partner with any agency related administration – producing standard Terms of Business and ensuring these are signed by all parties and filed correctly;
- Scheduling interviews – liaising internally with Business Assistants in order to secure time slots in interviewer’s schedules, dealing with recruiters and confirming to candidates etc.;
- Monitoring and processing invoices received for permanent and contract staff.
Graduate Recruitment/Placement Recruitment:
- Assisting the Learning & Development Advisor/Senior HR Assistant with the administration and facilitation of the yearly Graduate and Placement intake (i.e. assisting with CV screening, arranging events, organising interview and assessment days, booking rooms, arranging Teams meetings etc.)
Reward and Benefits:
- Providing administrative support to the Reward Manager around yearly compensation tasks and submissions
Other Ad-Hoc Responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for the up-keep of the internal HR SharePoint ensuring that documents and content are always up to date;
- Communicating and reinforcing the HR policies and procedures to employees;
- Answering queries and managing weekly updates on the learning and development management system.
- A genuine interest in pursuing a career in HR;
- Confidence in undertaking a variety of basic administrative tasks;
- Experience of using Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines and effectively manage conflicting priorities;
- Proactive and positive approach to problem solving and determined to succeed;
- Evidence of being a good team player;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels, including taking calls on behalf of the HR team;
- An ability to ensure all tasks and sensitive information are handled confidentially;
- First-rate attention to detail;
- Good use of own initiative.
We are an inclusive employer. Please let the recruitment team know if you have a disability, condition or difference that may require us to make adaptations.
We are a committed equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race and religion. We are focused on fostering a culture and environment that allows for inclusion and diversity throughout our business. Savills IM offers several employee led forums which provide support and guidance around Diversity & Inclusion, as well as ensuring our principles are built in to all of our processes, practices and expectations.
- Human Resources
- Employment type
Competitive Holiday AllowanceWe recognise the importance of time away from work and offer competitive annual leave
Global and Local NetworkingJoin in the fun of our social events, from holiday parties to summer hikes with your office colleagues.
Rewards for youWe reward our employees for loyalty and performance, and offer competitive salaries and performance bonuses.
Time for what mattersOur volunteering/charity days afford you the opportunity to give back to local communities, from soup kitchens, to canal clean-ups and bake sales.
Our people are at the core of everything we do
With offices in over 15 locations globally, Savills IM employees love to get together when they can, to network, learn, collaborate and most importantly have fun!
Human Resources Trainee
Loading application form