Investment Modelling Analyst (f/m/x)
About the Company
Savills Investment Management is an international real estate investment management firm. We are a dedicated real estate and real-estate debt specialist managing €26 billion on behalf of institutional investors globally (as of 30 September 2022). Our purpose is to build prosperity by investing in resilient real assets. Our vision is to be a trusted investment manager, respected for our expertise in restorative Real Estate investment enabling people, communities and ecosystems to thrive.
The firm has over 30 years of experience delivering real estate strategies for investors, with over 380+ staff dedicated to positive client outcomes. Our global platform comprises 17 locations in 14 countries enabling us to combine a truly global perspective with local expertise to offer investors a range of compelling strategies.
Our strategies span Logistics & Industrial, Living, Office, Retail and Debt investments, and have been designed with the flexibility to meet the needs of a wide range of investors.
ESG is integrated into our investment-management process to ensure that ESG risks and opportunities are not siloed, but recognised and acted upon throughout our business, as well as communicated to investors.
Our German team consists of c. 80 experienced real estate professionals in Hamburg, Frankfurt and Munich and is responsible for c. EUR 6 billion assets under management, with approx. EUR 2.8 billion in Germany.
In your role as an Investment Modelling Analyst you will design, build, govern and take ownership of our investment models including those used for transactions and business planning at asset and fund level. The models need to be configured to send and receive data from existing systems and respect international investment specifics.
- Building strong relationships with the investment teams to ensure the models meet their requirements
- Providing high quality and user-friendly modelling solutions to meet our diverse global requirements
- Supporting delivery, developing capabilities, and sharing knowledge of solutions and best practice techniques across the investment teams by providing training and support
- Providing regular governance checks of models in use and ensure compliance with our internal policy
- Creating documentation to explain governance procedures
We are looking for candidates who:
- Share experiences with others to assist their learning and understanding
- Demonstrate curiosity and open-mindedness to new ideas, approaches, and perspectives
- Actively engage with others to address their views and voice concerns
- Have advanced Excel skills, including VBA and SQL experience, linking excel data to third party tools
- Have experience in scoping, designing, and building financial models and experience in application of best-practice modelling
- Have strong communication skills to be able to describe complex technical issues in a clear and non-technical way and show strong analytical and interpretative skills
- Offer experience in building and maintaining strong working relationships across a range of teams and an understanding of accounting and financial concepts
- Have the ability to quickly assimilate and apply new techniques and knowledge and ideally have an understanding of real estate and tax modelling
- Fluent in German and English
What we offer
- A responsible and independent position with attractive development opportunities in our Frankfurt team
- A challenging job profile with a broad range of responsibilities as well as an international working environment in close cooperation with colleagues in our European offices
- A pleasant working atmosphere in a small and friendly team as well as an international outlook through the worldwide network of Savills IM
- An attractive remuneration package including a company pension scheme as well as flexible working hours and mobile working
- Individual training programmes
- Work location in Frankfurt with good transport connections together with flat hierarchies and an open-door policy
We are a committed equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race and religion. We are focused on fostering a culture and environment that allows for inclusion and diversity throughout our business. Savills IM offers several employee led forums which provide support and guidance around Diversity & Inclusion, as well as ensuring our principles are built in to all of our processes, practices and expectations.
- Employment type
Competitive Holiday AllowanceWe recognise the importance of time away from work and offer competitive annual leave
Global and Local NetworkingJoin in the fun of our social events, from holiday parties to summer hikes with your office colleagues.
Rewards for youWe reward our employees for loyalty and performance, and offer competitive salaries and performance bonuses.
Time for what mattersOur volunteering/charity days afford you the opportunity to give back to local communities, from soup kitchens, to canal clean-ups and bake sales.
Our people are at the core of everything we do
With offices in over 15 locations globally, Savills IM employees love to get together when they can, to network, learn, collaborate and most importantly have fun!
Investment Modelling Analyst (f/m/x)
Loading application form