Corporate Finance Manager
About the Company
Savills Investment Management is an international real estate investment management firm. We are a dedicated real estate and real-estate debt specialist managing €26 billion on behalf of institutional investors globally (as of 30 September 2022). Our purpose is to build prosperity by investing in resilient real assets. Our vision is to be a trusted investment manager, respected for our expertise in restorative Real Estate investment enabling people, communities and ecosystems to thrive.
The firm has over 30 years of experience delivering real estate strategies for investors, with over 380+ staff dedicated to positive client outcomes. Our global platform comprises 17 locations in 14 countries enabling us to combine a truly global perspective with local expertise to offer investors a range of compelling strategies.
Our strategies span Logistics & Industrial, Living, Office, Retail and Debt investments, and have been designed with the flexibility to meet the needs of a wide range of investors.
ESG is integrated into our investment-management process to ensure that ESG risks and opportunities are not siloed, but recognised and acted upon throughout our business, as well as communicated to investors.
We are looking to hire a Corporate Finance Manager into our Luxembourg or Frankfurt office. The purpose of the role will be:
- Responsibility for the financial reporting and operational finance procedures of the 4 Germany entities including 2 regulated AIFM KVGs, through management of an external outsourced accounting provider
- To provide accurate and timely IFRS and German HGB reporting for those entities including management reporting, regulatory reporting, statutory filings, and other ad-hoc information
- Responsibility for local HGB conversion to IFRS
- To manage the annual budgeting process, track the quarterly forecasting projections and maintain monthly country P&L reporting to the Head of Country and other budget holders
- To assist the Head of Group Finance and Head of Country on any ad hoc projects and take responsibility for specific projects as and when necessary
- To improve the quality of reporting from the local subsidiaries and enhance the overall quality of the local accounting processes
- To assist in all other aspects of the Group Finance function where applicable.
- To be the contact person for management, tax advisors and external auditors
Responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Full ownership of the day-to-day financial operations and IFRS reporting of the German entities
- Review and challenge monthly management accounts as prepared by the outsourcers for all entities, including profit and loss accounts, balance sheet, variance analysis and commentaries
- Prepare and present IFRS monthly management reporting packs to the European Financial Controller and other key stakeholders
- Assist with the European consolidation reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Liaise with other Group Finance teams across the group to ensure all inter-company transactions are recorded correctly at all times
- Interpret and communicate financial data to non-financial managers across the business
- Prepare entity cash flow forecasts monthly
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Coordinate the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process working with senior management, Head of Countries and presenting to the European Financial Controller
- Prepare detailed variance analysis and reporting for current forecasts vs. prior forecasts
Financial and Regulatory Reporting
- Ensure all regulatory requirements are met for the respective entities, specifically with regard to BaFin and AIFM regulatory reporting
- Ensure all statutory requirements are filed in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure compliance with Group IFRS reporting
- Coordinate all local annual and interim financial audits
- Responsible for ensuring all entity tax filings are complete in an accurate and timely manner
- Liaise regularly with the Senior Tax Manager on all local tax matters.
- Assess efficiency of existing outsourcers and undertake project to consolidate outsourcers where possible
- Ensure consistency across the group in all financial matters and adhere to Savills Group policy
- Lead ad-hoc projects working to tight deadlines under pressure
- Assist the European Financial Controller on any other ad-hoc projects
- 4+ years accounting experience, preferably in industry, audit or consulting as well as strong higher education results
- Graduated from higher vocational training (Bachelor) or university (Master) specialising in finance, such as business economics or accountancy, preferred ACCA/CIMA/IDW or equivalent
- Working knowledge of IFRS and/or German HGB
- Proficient in MS-Office and common ERP-systems such as Hyperion, SAP etc.
- Knowledge of the German regulatory framework (BaFin) preferable
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Language skills - fluent in written and spoken English. German skills are a distinct advantage.
- Positive can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently on specific projects, pick things up quickly and use initiative
- Time management skills – ability to work to deadlines under pressure
- Will involve limited travel to other European offices (circa 4-8 short trips per year)
We are a committed equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race and religion. We are focused on fostering a culture and environment that allows for inclusion and diversity throughout our business. Savills IM offers several employee led forums which provide support and guidance around Diversity & Inclusion, as well as ensuring our principles are built in to all of our processes, practices and expectations.
- Group Finance
- Employment type
Competitive Holiday AllowanceWe recognise the importance of time away from work and offer competitive annual leave
Global and Local NetworkingJoin in the fun of our social events, from holiday parties to summer hikes with your office colleagues.
Rewards for youWe reward our employees for loyalty and performance, and offer competitive salaries and performance bonuses.
Time for what mattersOur volunteering/charity days afford you the opportunity to give back to local communities, from soup kitchens, to canal clean-ups and bake sales.
Our people are at the core of everything we do
With offices in over 15 locations globally, Savills IM employees love to get together when they can, to network, learn, collaborate and most importantly have fun!
Corporate Finance Manager
Loading application form